Armageddon

Friday, July 22, 2011

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of gore!

Howdy, folks. This here blog's an experiment to see if online fiction can really, truly succeed. It's not so much a blog as the staging point for a small novella I'm concocting, one that I'll be posting in segments over the next couple months.

What's it about, you ask? Well, duh. Zombies. What else?

It's not one of your run-of-the-mill undead hunting stories, however. No, this one's taken from the perspective of a zombie - and he's got big ambitions for such a ghoulish creature. Be prepared for a weird, philosophical journey into the mind of the creeping dead, one peppered with thoughtful discourse (I hope it's thoughtful, anyway), dark humour and lots of blood.

This tale isn't as gross as some zombies tales you've probably read. That said, it might be a good idea to keep little kiddies away from this site. There's some vulgar language and sexual references beyond the usual dismembering. If you've ever watched an HBO show you'll be fine with The Dead Man's Burden.

I'm not done writing the thing just yet, so I'll post a sample of the first chapter to whet your appetite. Bookmark this page, keep your eyes open for updates (I'll flag 'em on Twitter, if you'd be so kind to offer me a follow - you'll get heaping helpings from my other blog as well) and enjoy!

- Matt Bird

PS. This layout is temporary, I swear. It's just easy to read.

Want to link to The Dead Man's Burden? Here's an image you can use. (In all honesty this is more so I can stick a promo in forum signatures that don't allow uploading, but if you wanna use it, go right ahead.)



DreamHost review

No comments:

Post a Comment